Monday, July 23, 2007

Busted Halo Retreat - Summer 2007

This would have been my fourth young adults' retreat since I crossed paths with Busted Halo and the Paulist Young Adult Ministry. Though every retreat experience is different and great things have been taken from every moment of the weekend, this last one is by far the best experience I have ever had in retreats.

From the great discussion with my small groups, to dinner conversations about NY housing problems and Lindsey Lohan's stint at the rehab, the weekend was a satisfying fill physically, emotionally and spiritually. The only thing I pray is for everybody to find its significance outside of Oak Ridge, NJ. There have been talks on extending the retreat over coffee or a small "seekers' wii reunion" and I truly wish this would happen. Living in the bustle and hustle of NYC, everybody needs reminding from time to time.

I believe this would be the first time that genuine connections were made. From acts of kindness and support such as a book suggestion and a raspberry brownie to take home for the trip.

To everybody who was there, thanks for a great weekend. Though you may not know it, the words, ideas and acts of friendships will be treasured forever.

No comments: