Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Pearl

A new gadget added to my family... the Blackberry Pearl. Nice sleek black shiny phone with a glowing pearl button. The afternoon that I got it, I activated the Blackberry option on my plan so that I can start receiving and sending emails. Cool, right? For me, I find it useless... I'm in a computer all day, so why would I want to check my email on a 2 inch screen? I cancelled the option a few hours later, saving me $20 a month.

On my way to work today, I was standing next to a lady who is busy punching away messages on her Blackberry. I got curious as to what could be so important to be doing emails in a subway under the streets of NY with no signal? She was replying to an update on a "Spring Fabric Touchbase". I guess she worked for the fashion industry where this highly classified fabric is being transported from a secrete location and she needed to be updated minute-by-minute by her assistant. She replied, "Thanks for the update ---name----." She couldn't send the message because we were two floors down the streets of NY. So she taps the option to send later and I got off the train.

No comments: