Friday, January 26, 2007

Saving Pays Off

I have been saving on everything since the new year. Come to think of it, for past few years, I have developed that habit of saving. I was able to simply move out to a new apartment after coming back from a vacation. And as we all know, moving to a new apartment costs money.

This post was inspired by what happened to my ipod situation. Since new year, I have been scrimping on stuff. I bought $60 worth of GMAT review books for $5.50, thanks to email coupons and points. I bought almost a year's supply shampoo, toothpaste, face wash (all high end stuff, around $480 worth of stuff, $200 of which is for my mom) etc for $40 thanks to ADR points.

Now with my ipod. My ipod went Halloween on me since December. The last thing I was able to listen to was an audio book that I wasn't even able to finish. Any hows, I remember about buyer's assurance from American Express. I called them up, filed a claim at the nick of time (just 2 1/2 weeks until expiration). After almost two months of wait, I got a call from Patrica from AmEx's Claim Processing and she gave me the go signal to purchase a new ipod and I get reimbursed. Since Apple don't carry the 40Gig photo ipod, I was told to get the 80Gig Video Ipod. The problem now is, which color black or white??

No comments: